An event every week that begins at 9:00am on Wednesday and Saturday, repeating until March 1, 2017
Join the park naturalist for a two-hour walk to discover beach treasures, learn about beach inhabitants, and explore Mustang Island State Park’s many diverse resources!
During this two-hour walk we will hunt for shells, watch and identify birds, look at life around the jetties, and learn about adaptations among creatures who call Mustang Island home.
* The group will meet downstairs by the butterfly garden at Headquarters
* The walk is two miles at a leisurely pace
* Bring binoculars if you have them and something to put your treasures in
* Dress for the weather
* Pets are welcome but must be on a leash
* Program is free with park admission ($5 adults, 12 and under free)